While there are some incredible, measurable results for seniors who utilize home care services, it all boils down to one simple statement: being at home just feels right. It’s where we’ve created our most precious memories, and it’s where we’re the most comfortable. Remaining at home also encourages enhanced independence for seniors, allowing countless opportunities throughout each day to make personal decisions: whether to sleep in or rise early; what to have for lunch, and who to share that lunch with; what activities to engage in, and much more.
When you’ve made the decision to investigate in home care options, the next step is determining which in home care San Diego agency will be the most appropriate fit for your senior loved one. This step is often an overwhelming one. You may find a plethora of in home care providers to choose from, but how do you know which one is best? Because this decision is so important, the team at San Diego Home Caregivers has put together a list of questions to ask when considering home care options:
- How long has the agency been serving the community?
- Does the agency have printed materials explaining services and costs?
- Does the agency offer a Patient’s Bill of Rights that outlines rights and responsibilities of both the agency and the patient?
- Does the agency determine a care plan with input from the patient, his or her physician, and family?
- How closely are caregivers supervised?
- Will family members be informed of the care their loved ones are receiving?
- How are caregivers hired and trained? What type of employee screening is done?
- How does the agency ensure patient confidentiality?
- How does the agency handle billing?
- What procedures are in place to handle and resolve conflicts or problems? Who should you call if you have any complaints?
Knowing the answers to these questions when considering home care services will allow you to narrow down your search. And if your senior loved one is in La Jolla or surrounding areas, we hope you’ll consider San Diego Home Caregivers. With our fully trained, experienced, and compassionate caregiving team, you can rest assured that we’ll treat your senior loved one just as we would our own family member. Contact us at (619) 487-9000 to get started with home health care San Diego, CA and the surrounding areas deserve!