How Can Respite Care Services Help?
Respite care services allow family caregivers to step away to:
- Enjoy relaxing activities
- Focus on healthy life choices such as exercise and eating right
- Spend time with other family members and friends
- Take care of shopping, housework, and other errands
- Catch up on sleep
- Go on vacation
- Refresh and rejuvenate both body and mind
At the same time, older adults benefit from respite care for caregivers by enjoying social time with a companion for conversations, engaging activities, outings, etc. The caregiver can also assist with personal care needs, meals, housekeeping, medication reminders, and more.