As a senior home care agency San Diego and the surrounding areas trust, we strive to be a professional elder care resource for the members of our community and the Southern California area. As dedicated caregivers, we are committed to finding the very best solutions for our clients and their family members, and we strive to provide resources that those searching for senior care services in the San Diego County area will find helpful.
On this page, you will find the information and elder care resources you need to help you navigate your home care journey. For further assistance, contact our aging care team any time.
San Diego Elder Care Resources
- ElderHelp of San Diego
Covering all of San Diego County, ElderHelp is a non-profit organization comprised of professionals and community volunteers committed to offering quality elder care services that help seniors live independently in their own homes.
- San Diego Home Health Care Resource Page
Learn the basics of home care terminology and find links to local resources helpful to seniors in the San Diego area.
- San Diego’s Network of Care
San Diego County’s Aging & Independent Services seeks to improve and better coordinate long-term care services for the elderly and people with disabilities, as well as their caregivers and service providers.
- California Health Advocates
Learn about Medicare benefits and long-term care for people who live in California.
- San Diego Resources from A Place for Mom
A resource list including assisted living facilities, memory care communities, a Senior Living Cost index and more.
- Cool Zones
A list of designated, air-conditioned locations for seniors and those with disabilities to escape the extreme heat in San Diego.
National Senior Care Resources
- ABA Commission on Law and Aging
Legal resources from the American Bar Association to better equip you to understand elder law rights, guardianship, health care decision making and more.
- The Alzheimer’s Association
The Alzheimer’s Association has both local resources by zip code including support groups, as well as national resources and a large amount of educational material.
- Home Care Association of America
HCAOA represents more than 2,700 member organizations and over 500,000 caregivers providing private in-home care services for the elderly and disabled. Look here for information on the industry and how it may affect you and your loved one’s care.
MedicareQuick.com helps families understand the differences between Medicare Advantage, original Medicare, and Medicare Supplement Plans. Their agents can also help you make a change to your loved one’s plan if needed.
- National Council on Aging
A national organization with a mission to help people aged 60+ meet the challenges of aging. By partnering with nonprofit organizations, government, and businesses, NCOA provides innovative community programs and services, online help, and advocacy.
- Veteran’s Aid & Attendance and Housebound Benefits
Learn about aid and pension benefits for those seniors who are United States veterans.
Age Related Sleep Disorders
Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Coping With Sundown Syndrome
- Holiday Tips and Activities for Those with Alzheimer’s/Dementia
- After an Alzheimer’s Diagnosis: Lifestyle Tips and Planning
- Common Causes and Supportive Responses for Alzheimer’s-Related Behaviors
- Communication Tips for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s: When to Stop Driving
Caregiving Challenges and Issues
Diet and Nutrition
- Staying Hopeful and Healthy: Tips to Avoid Diabetic Burnout
- Breathe Easier with COPD: Steps to Improve Air Quality at Home
- Helpful Tips to Make Life More Comfortable After a Stroke
Home Care Services
- Beginner’s Guide to Receiving Home Care
- Sensitive Solutions to Help With Hoarding
- Long Distance Caregiving Tips
- Conversation Starters to Discuss Home Care with Seniors
- When Home Care Services May Be Appropriate
- Warning Signs That Care Is Needed
- Adjusting to a New Caregiver
- Reducing Caregiver Burnout
- Celebrating Senior Independence: How Home Care Helps Seniors Maintain Independence
- How Home Care Keeps Older Adults Social for Better Health
- Nurturing Meaning and Purpose in the Lives of Older Adults
At San Diego Home Caregivers, a trusted senior care agency serving San Diego and the surrounding area, we’re dedicated to helping you find the senior care resources you need in order to make healthy, informed care decisions. Contact us any time if you need further assistance in finding in-home care solutions for your family, our home care San Diego area experts are happy to help.